A place for good people to gather!

Monday, July 12, 2004

Beer

Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy-Ben Franklin. We produce and drink a lot of beer here in America, our friends in St. Louis alone pump out, 7,700 cans a minute, 22 million bottles a week, and more than 15 million barrels a year. (Way to keep the South down one more year Mr. Anheuser-Busch.) So we produce a lot but does quantity mean quality, usually no but not in all cases. People love Bud, I mean its not the King of Beers for nothing but is that due to careful advertising or quality of taste. How do we compare to the rest of the world? Most will say we do not even hold a candle to them, that if it is an import than it is automatically better. Well I say no, I think it is a fair playing field and people are just bias because they have been told that imports are better because they have more experience and tradition. But I pose this when you find a recipe that works why would you change it, I mean how many different fazes has Bass gone through, how many changes has Spaten gone through. So after 150 years of making Bud do they become experienced, I say yes. Do not misunderstand me I believe that some of the imports are fantastic. I am a huge fan of Guinness, Bass, Heineken... this are safety beers for me, I am just saying that Bud makes a decent brew and should not be shunned due to its locale. Also never overlook Americas glorious micro-brews, New Belgium Brewery out of Colorado makes some of the best beers I have had. If you have the opportunity I suggest that you indulge in some of their fine crafts.

Cheers and Happy drinking.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Beer sucks

July 13, 2004 at 6:32 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home